2010-01-11

Room 501 - day 7

Today was a beautiful day. It was a warm and sunsnowing day. Seriously, it was only -3 Celsius! Grandpa ate, not much but still, he ate. Five (5!) old Vietnamese ladies and one old Chinese chump from his "fanclub" visited him and cheered him up. It made him happy. Grandpa's sister sat with us almost the whole day and talked non-stop with her squeaky voice. I adore that little lady, but today I just wanted some time with grandpa. For dinner he actually ate a little mashed potato, steamed fish and some Minestrone soup. That made me happy. Which made me recover a tiny bit of my apetite back. I probably ate more today than on my whole stay here so far... I'm exaggerating.

Another night without anything to do or anyone to talk to (except Q, thanks man!). A part of me just wants to go back to sunny Sac and enjoy my carefree life and plan fun things for E's visit. Another (huge) part of me wants to stay here in ice-cold Toronto. At my grandpa's side. I just want to sit next to him, hear him breath, listen to his voice and watch every wrinkle of his face, trying to force it to my memory so I'll never forget him. I know I won't. But every second with him is priceless. I wish I could stay with him until his last day... In September 2009 the doctors told him that he had about 6 months left. Now it's January. I really dont know how I'm gonna get through these months..? Just waiting for the horrible news that surely will come... Right now it just feels like I will never dance, laugh and party ever, ever again...

In exactly one week me and my dear friend Erica will be on our way to San Diego, LA and roadtripping the Californian coast. Right now it just feels so urreal. She is staying in Cali for 3 weeks and I'm going back to school the 25th, but we're planning the 1 weekend in Las Vegas and 1 weekend in maybe San Francisco or somewhere close to Sac. I hope we'll have a good time even though I'm gonna be a wreck.

Only 2 days left by his side...


Looking like shit in a present from grandpa's wonderful sister

1 comment:

Erica aka Mami said...

Lider med dig vännen. Gör så ont i mig att du måste gå igenom detta, dessutom själv och så långt bort. Tänk inte mer på när jag kommer. Det viktigaste är hur du mår. Tusen pussar o kramar.